Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, February 24, 2012

The Shine Project {Pass It Forward}

Ashley from The Shine Project is so brave and inspiring to me.  When she asked for some help spreading the word about her newest project, I was so excited and jumped at the chance to help!  I didn't know exactly what it was yet, but I knew it would be good.  When I found out what she had been working on, I was so happy to be able to help spread the word about something this amazing.

Pass it Forward

TheShineProject


This is such a great idea! I am confident that it will spread some "Shine" around our own communities and beyond.  I am a firm believer that a simple act of kindness can impact someone's day and then trickle down from one person to another.  Ashley has come up with a great way to document this and get people excited about helping others by being able to see the love and kindness spread. 

In Ashley's Words...

"Pass It Forward was designed to get people to do little things, everyday, that makes an impact on the community around them. Pass it Forward is designed around a card. Each card is given a unique ID number. Lets say we're at McDonalds, and I decide to pay for the person behind me in the drive through. I'd give the cashier the card, and tell them to pass it along to the next car when the give them the food that has been paid for. I then go home and log into the website that was on the card, and find my unique ID number. I log into it, and add my information... My first name, city, and a description of what I did...

Let's say the person behind me was you, you would pass it forward to someone else, and then would go home and do the same thing. From the very beginning, you will be able to track where your card goes, and how many people you affect just by doing one simple act of kindness.  This project had the potential of working small miracles in the lives of those we pass, and we will then be able to see how far one simple act can go. 

I want to spread the shine community into something that is in every city, so that we can get more projects done and change more lives... I have strongly felt like this is a big way that will get accomplished. "


Head on over to Ashley's blog to get the full scoop and find out how you can be a part of this great project. 

Pass It Forward

I should be getting my first card any day and I am excited to be able to share my first Pass It Forward experience:)

Thank You Ashley!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment